Natural Remedies for Fungal Vaginal Infections
Fungal vaginal infections are a very frequent health issue that affects a large number of women every year. The most frequent cause of vaginal infection is Candida Albicans, a diploid fungus that grows both as yeast and filamentous cells, and causes skin, nail and vaginal infections, urinary tract inflammation, problems with digestion, as well as tiredness.
The symptoms of fungal vaginal infection are itching, discomfort, thick and excessive amount of vaginal discharge, inflammation and swelling. More than 75% of women are affected by a vaginal infection during their lifetime.
- Taking antibiotics which disturb the balance between good and bad bacteria as well as the ph- value of the mucus;
- Diet rich in carbohydrates on which fungi feed;
- Drinking large quantities of alcohol, which during digestion converts into glucose and thus into fungi food;
- Stressful life and insufficient sleep;
- Wearing wet swimsuit- the fungi propagate faster in moist environments;
- Wearing too tight clothes/panties (jeans, trousers, g-string thongs) in which the body cannot breathe;
- Washing your panties at a temperature below 60°C;
- Using sanitary pads every day and using tampons too often;
- Messy, untidy diet;
- Consumption of too sour food such as sour vegetables, or using too much vinegar for salads;
- Diabetes.Continue on next page….